The CAL will be hosted in my Ravelry Group. A merry little band of CALers is already congregating and getting to know one another.
To add to the fun I have lined up some fantastic prizes. I have lots of lovely skeins of Malabrigo Yarns to give away and the star prize is the shawl pin that features in the shoot, very kindly donated by NovaSteel.
So far I have thought of the following prize categories:
Best photo of the FO
Best modification of a pattern
and Most Valuable Participant (for the funnest, chattiest CALer)
but I'm hoping we can think up some more prize categories on the way!
To join in the fun:
- Head over to my Ravelry Group (if you aren't a member of Ravelry you will need to create an account but it is free and utterly wonderful)
- Grab the special pattern discount code that I am offering for the CAL in my group.
- Choose which pattern you’d like to make. You can choose to make any of the four patterns in the collection: Galactica, Neptune, Nebulous or Oberon and purchase it.
- Buy your yarn or go stash diving (you don’t have to use the suggested yarn)
- Get ready to go from March 1st. (but we welcome late comers to the party too!)
The CAL will run from March 1st through to April 30th and winners will be drawn from those who have posted a finished object to their Ravelry projects by May 1st.
So who’s in?
PS: If some of this doesn't make sense because you are new to Ravelry or crocheting or buying patterns on-line then just do step one and ask for some help in the group. We are a helpful and friendly bunch!